Let me guess what you are looking for. Updating your Android phone, right? That’s exactly what you need – an easy way to acomplish this. People may have such a problem when they are unable to download update or the update is impossible to set up on your device. In this situation, you may choose using ADB sideload method to update your Android device by downloading the “update zip file” on your PC. We will figure out what ADB sideload is and how to apply update from ADB sideload and tell about all the advantages and ways to install an update in this guide.
Sometimes people may have really serious problems with their phones and they didn’t even know what to do. By the way check out the other article of ours where we share free netflix dns codes for USA citizens. We have really much to offer to you.
ADB (also called Android Debug Bridge) – is a tool that helps the software in communicating with other devices using data cable or wireless connections. It’s also a new method included to AOSP. It makes the transfer work easier for devices by sharing the files or copying them from one device to another. ADB tools can be operated through a shell in the Linux-based system, command line windows and more such.
What is meaning of ADB and how it works?
When an individual starts the ADB, he/she will primarily check the processing of the ADB server. During the server begins, it secures with the local TCP port 5037 and processes for commands after hearing that was sent from ADB clients and every client uses the 5037 to tie up with the ADB server.
Then the server practices all the connections and sets them up with all processing devices. Through scanning odd-numbered ports such as 5555-5585, it locates the emulators. ADB sets up the connections to port the place where it finds the ADB daemon (ADBD).
At a time when all the connections are set up with the device, one can use ADB commands to access all those devices. The multiple commands from random ADB clients that he/she can control any device of any other client is managed by the server that helps and checks the connections between the processor and the client.
What are the advantages of ADB sideload method?
There are a lot more advantages but the pointed advantage to make the debugging a lot easier is that ADB performs on the phone without any personal interconnection to it.
- Send the files to the system with just a command lines – the most important one
- Possibility to pull the files from the system with command lines – the same here
- There is no need to save the file on your device to apply the update from adb sideload.
Some of the additional advantages which should be mentioned:
- A command line is enough to push or pull the files from one system to the other which is convenient for the ADB users. It’s just a little bit detailed explaination of the #1 advantage.
- To appeal to the update from Android Debug Bridge Side-load Method, one doesn’t have any need to save the files on a device.
Make connections over Wi-Fi (Android 11+)
Using ADB android 11 and higher support debugging and positioning your application wirelessly. For instance, one can easily position their debuggable application to various remote devices by not using physical connections such as USB cables. This feature helps the user to get rid of the USB connections.
Follow the steps to attach your device:
- Firstly, Update the latest version of SDK tools on your Android device.
- After that one you must enable the developer options on their phone.
- on the wireless debug system as well.
- When the device asks you to allow the wireless debugging system in the network – click allow.
- Remember (or even note) the IP address, the pairing code, the port number that will be displayed on the screen when selected to pair the device with the pairing code.
- Open the terminal on your device and then operate the ADB platform.
- Use the noted IP address and port number while going with the application.
- When this is done, add the pairing code you received in the step, now you will get a message from the application that will indicate that your device is successfully paired.
How to Download ADB Drivers – detailed guide
You must have adb drivers installed on your PC in a case to update your phone using adb sideload method. First of all – you have an opportunity to get it right now for free. Just use the download links below each of guides how to install them on your PC (for different OS).
How to install ADB drivers for Windows 7/8/10
WINDOWS 7/8/10 – DOWNLOAD LINK
First of all, you need to enable USB debugging from your phone to install ADB drivers on your PC. It is an essential step which must be done. To enable it, use this path:
- Settings – About – Build number for seven times – Back- Developers option- Enable USB debugging.
- Download the driver’s zip file (for Windows) using the downalod link above.
- Extract all the files using WinRAR/WinZip
- Click on adb drivers universal EXE file.
- Connect the device to your PC using the USB connection (once the device is connected, the adb tool will show your phone’s manufacturer name and status).
- Click on the install button and wait for the process to be completed.
- Pop-up message shows to ask Allows USB debugging (from the phone) – Click Yes.
Congratulations! ADB drivers are now successfully installed on your PC. Now You are able to use your windows pc to apply update from adb sideload.
How to install ADB drivers for MAC
Almost the same procedure here as we described before for Windows. Let’s make it clear:
- Download the driver’s zip file from the link mentioned above.
- Extract the zip file into a folder.
- Open a terminal window.
- Type = cd / path-to-adb-folder
For example, if you downloaded the file to desktop then type
- Connect your device to the Mac using the Supported USB connection.
- In terminal window type – adb devices
- Now click on OK when a popup screen appears on your device to allow USB debugging.
- Type adb devices once again and you can see the device listed in the terminal window (with some random number)
Congratulations! You are able to run adb commands on your MAC PC for android phones to apply update from adb sideload.
How to apply update from adb sideload – guide
After you have installed all the necessary adb drivers on your Windows/Mac PC, you can easily sideload an update to your phone by using the detailed method described below:
1. As a first step, you need to download an “update zip file” of your phone exact model. You can go to XDA dev forum to find your phone’s dedicated forum section (or related discussion)..
2. USB adding: Then Connect your phone to your windows/Mac PC using the USB connection.
3. New name: Rename the downloaded zip file to update.zip
4. Click Copy the update zip file to the desktop.
5. WINDOWS: use shift + right click on the desktop – then “open command window here” or “Open PowerShell here”.
6. MAC: press the right click on desktop + select terminal.
7. From command terminal, type – adb devices
Allow USB debugging option – select “always allow” from popup window on your device.
8. Type –
adb reboot recovery
9. When your phone is in recovery mode now, select “apply update from fast boot“.
10. Type on terminal window –
adb sideload update.zip
11. Wait for the flashing process to be finished.
Congrats once again! Your device is now updated by using ADB sideload guide and now you are able to run updated software on your phone.
Few more words in summary: ADB is an application that makes the transferring of files a lot easier and convenient if operated by the app professionally. Above we discussed the advantages, work and how to make connections with the ADB. Let us know if you have any additional information for article.