If you’re experiencing any issues with your Sonos Beam or simply want to start from scratch, resetting it to its factory settings can often solve the problem. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to reset your Sonos Beam in different ways, depending on the issue you’re facing.
What Is a Sonos Beam?
Before we dive into the details of resetting a Sonos Beam, let’s first understand what it is. The Sonos Beam is a smart soundbar that allows you to enjoy high-quality audio while watching your favorite shows or listening to music. With voice control, it’s easy to play, pause, or skip tracks with just your voice.
Reasons to Reset Your Sonos Beam
There are several reasons why you may need to reset your Sonos Beam. Here are some of the most common issues that can be fixed by resetting your Sonos Beam to its factory settings:
- You’re experiencing connectivity issues with your Wi-Fi network
- Your Sonos Beam is not responding to your voice commands
- You’re having trouble adding your Sonos Beam to your system
- You want to erase all your personal information from the device before selling it or giving it away
How to Reset Your Sonos Beam
A soft reset is a quick way to reboot your Sonos Beam without losing any saved data. This can help resolve minor issues such as connectivity or responsiveness. Here are the steps to perform a soft reset on your Sonos Beam:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of your Sonos Beam.
- Wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Turn on your Sonos Beam and wait for it to restart.
If a soft reset doesn’t fix the issue, a factory reset might be necessary. A factory reset will erase all saved data, including your Wi-Fi settings, saved accounts, and playlists. Here’s how to factory reset your Sonos Beam:
- Press and hold the “Join” and “Volume Down” buttons simultaneously for about five seconds.
- When the light on the Sonos Beam flashes orange and white, release the buttons.
- Press the “Join” button again and wait for the light to flash amber.
- Once the light turns green, the factory reset is complete.
Note that after a factory reset, you will need to set up your Sonos Beam again and re-add it to your system.
Resetting Your Sonos Beam Using the Sonos App
Another way to reset your Sonos Beam is by using the Sonos app. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open the Sonos app on your phone or tablet.
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Select “System.”
- Choose your Sonos Beam from the list of devices.
- Select “Reset to Factory Settings.”
Resetting Your Sonos Beam Using the Ethernet Cable
If you’re unable to reset your Sonos Beam using the methods above, you can try using an Ethernet cable instead. Here are the steps to reset your Sonos Beam using an Ethernet cable:
- Disconnect the power cord from your Sonos Beam.
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to your Sonos Beam and the other end to your router.
- Plug in the power cord to your Sonos Beam.
- Wait for the light on your Sonos Beam to flash orange and white.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable from both your Sonos Beam and router.
- Wait for the light on your Sonos Beam to flash green.
Resetting your Sonos Beam is a straightforward process that can help you resolve several issues that
2 / 2
you may be experiencing with your device. Whether it’s a soft reset or a factory reset, it’s important to follow the steps carefully to avoid any further issues. We hope this step-by-step guide has helped you reset your Sonos Beam successfully.
How long does it take to reset a Sonos Beam?
A soft reset takes only a few minutes, while a factory reset may take up to 10 minutes to complete.
Will resetting my Sonos Beam delete my saved music?
No, a soft reset will not delete any saved music or playlists. However, a factory reset will erase all saved data, including your saved accounts and playlists.
What should I do if resetting my Sonos Beam doesn’t fix the issue?
If resetting your Sonos Beam doesn’t solve the issue, you may want to contact Sonos customer support for further assistance.
Can I reset my Sonos Beam using voice commands?
No, you cannot reset your Sonos Beam using voice commands. You will need to use one of the methods mentioned in this article to reset your device.
Will resetting my Sonos Beam affect other Sonos devices on my system?
Resetting your Sonos Beam will not affect other Sonos devices on your system. However, you may need to re-add your Sonos Beam to your system after a factory reset.